Smiling Mind is thrilled to announce that we’re bringing our evidence-based mindfulness social and emotional learning program to 600 regional and rural schools across the country from 2021. And thanks to generous support from the Commonwealth Department of Health, we’re able to offer the program free of charge to eligible schools.
Through a whole-school approach to support student mental health and wellbeing, our Schools Program provides training, resources and support to help schools implement and sustain meaningful and impactful change.
Delivered fully online over three terms, participating schools will have access to:
- in-depth training for staff on mindfulness and its benefits for students and teachers alike, and practical guidance on how to implement its benefits in diverse school environments;
- surveys and measurement tools so schools can see themselves the impact the program is having on students and teachers alike;
- resources to support sustainable implementation of the program, including tools to support parent and carer engagement; and
- ongoing support from Smiling Mind’s psychologists and mindfulness experts.
More information on the program, and the application form, is available here.
Register for one of our free upcoming information sessions to learn more
We're running virtual information sessions in February and March, where interested teachers, school leaders, and those from the education sector can learn more about the program and how we’re planning to roll it out across the country from 2021 onwards.
Click on the link to register for the session that works best for you. If you're not able to make a session, but are still interested in hearing more about the program, fill out the form on this page and a member of the team will get in touch.
- WA: 2:30 - 3:00pm
- NT: 4:00 - 3:30pm
- QLD: 4:30 - 5:00pm
- SA: 5:00 - 5:30pm
- ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC: 5:30 - 6:00pm
- WA: 4:00 - 4:30pm
- NT: 5:30 - 6:00pm
- QLD: 6:00 - 6:30pm
- SA: 6:30 - 7:00pm
- ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC: 7:00 - 7:30pm